Monday, March 27, 2006

Kynance Cove

For some reason these rocks remind me of coal. This was a stormy day at Kynance Cove, there has been a settlement here since 300BC but not too many people were there on this day. The waves (in the background) were fairly high but the rocks broke them before they reached the shore edge.

Green technology has reached this cove with photovoltaic solar slates, natural wool insulation, solar water heating and biobubble sewage waste system. On a sunny day this must be a very popular place as the superb 360o view on this site shows.
A better Kynance storm photo by another photographer
Multimap

4 comments:

Dave MacIntyre said...

What a nice shot! Those rocks do look coal like.

Thanks for adding me to you list on links Jasp! Much appreciated.

Dave

Anonymous said...

i've not been to Kynance for 3 years or so ... so all my pics of it are not digital - looks like i need to go back there this summer - tis a real nice place from what i remember

nice picture, of course (but that other one is amazing!!)

laters

(will be posting a shot of Logan Rock shortly on my site)

Nicola said...

Wow, what a photo! Almost makes me feel I'm standing right there in the water (which I'm actually glad, I'm not - must be really cold)...

DiaKL said...

Truly amazing rock formation indeed, and by the sea, WoW!